Monday, December 3, 2007

slow me down, Lord ...



breathing in ... breathing out ...

Slow me down, Lord; slow me down.
Remind me to be vigilant; make my soul more aware of the grace of each moment.
"Stay awake! Be prepared."
Slow me down, Lord, so I may take care in my preparations and not lose myself in distraction.

Lighting the 1st candle, the candle of Hope
recalls the hope of God's people as they antipated the coming of a Messiah.
It recalls the steadfast faith in that anticipated coming.
It recalls the steadfast faith and hope of a young girl who knew of the dangers of her simple "Yes" to God's angel.
With joyful hope, we join her in awaiting the birth of the Light of he world.
Slow me down, Lord; slow me down.

breathing in ... breathing out ...

The Light comes to dispel the darkness, to bring new life, hope, and joy in the Love of God.
Made in the image of God, we are called to be light to the world by reflecting God's grace to others.
Let our actions, our words and our thoughts reflect that grace.
Let me be aware of others' needs around me, and anticipate how I might be gracious toward them.
Slow me down, Lord; slow me down.

S
low me down and open my eyes that I may see your grace revealed.
My heart fills with love and light.
Slowing down, I can listen more attentively to your voice in my spirit.
Let the words of your servant be guided by your grace.
Let the actions of your servant be guided by your will.

breathing in ... breathing out ...

5 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Beautiful and important words.
Thanks you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rose.
So...
I can't even convey what I'm feeling right now. Thank you.

Maureen said...

Slow me down -indeed beautiful words! I was recently honored with The Friendly Site Award, which I've passed on to you, so be sure to stop by my blog and read all about it! Love your blog music!

Connie said...

Thank you Rose for sharing - we all need this every day but this month in particular.

God has truly Blessed you with the gift of writing.

Love you,
Connie

Cindy said...

Very nice. I was searching another "Slow Me Down". I'm so glad that I ran across yours! Keep writing!